03 September 2013

March 2013

March was busy, busy, busy. We have made some great friends in Round Rock. A few of us love to try out new restaurants. This night we went to a place that served us Rattlesnake. It actually wasn't too bad.
Me and the kids hit up the Austin's Children's Museum one Saturday that Jeff was working.
I worked a little on my inverted yoga poses. I really would like to take Yoga more regularly but every time I'm at the gym I opt for a cardio class.
For Spring Break we made the long trek back to AZ to visit family. We made a pit-stop at Jeff's friends ranch in Ozona, Texas. It's a working goat ranch. We all had a great time, riding the range in a four-wheeler, and feeding all the goats.
Once we finally made it to AZ our week was filled with hanging out with the cousins.
 
My old Zumba class had a "reunion' night. It was so much fun to dance with this group again.
The Cranes had a little get together at the Comptons house.
Wyatt and Coco got to know each other finally.
We visited the Gilbert temple.
I had some good quality sister time.
These girls were inseparable.
The three Jeff's united.
We don't miss much about AZ, but we sure do miss these peeps a whole bunch.
On the drive home, while stopping for gas, we ran into some familiar faces. They were traveling to a Taylor reunion/camp trip in TX. We ended up caravan the rest of the way.
(side note: Here's one of the bluebirds I've been feeding. And here's the pesky squirrel I've been feeding)

The same week we got home from AZ my dad had a work trip to San Antonio so we got a visit from my parents. It's always so nice to have them here. We visited the park downtown and rode the train.
We also visited a cave that's really close to our home. It was unbelievable.
Easter was low-key and perfect. We attended a few eggs hunts, went to church, and then had a large dinner with some friends.
With all the activities we found time to squeeze in a trip to the Austin Zoo/Rescue. We all actually loved it, despite it's poor reviews.

No comments: