04 January 2009

sundays just aren't the same...

warning: random thoughts from today
a few weeks ago i was released from my church calling in the primary. i was in my third year with the children. the first week i was released i was asked to sub in nursery. the second week my parents were here and jill didn't make it; she was wet to her socks and needed a nap. today it really hit me. camille is more disruptive than i thought. i guess i just never noticed it in primary. sunday school and rs are really drab compared to primary. in primary we sing for everything. if you're new or visiting, let's sing "hello". if it's your birthday, lets sing (any slue of bday songs). if you just got baptized, sing the rainbow song. etc.etc. you get the point. in primary we stand we sit, we get cute little honest, raw questions and answers. for example today over the pulpit a primary child said, "i know the bible is full of good stuff". you can't beat that. i look forward to serve in other areas but i will miss those kiddos. it's true what they say, "you love those you serve".

4 comments:

Poppa and Grandma Netty said...

Leesh,
I hear you. I am back....last week a little boy stood at the pulpit in Sacrament and said ...I love coming to church, I don't know why I just do. I just love it. Then he giggled and shrugged his shoulders and said in the name of Jesus Christ ...amen. It was so refreshing. Then in Primary I was leading the singing and we bear testimony with every song we learn, and find scriptures to go with every point made. I think I cracked my scriptures more in Primary than I did in RS...shame on me.

FRYER FAM said...

oh please you sat by me last week.

Ashley Lamb said...

My favorite calling was nursery, especially singing time. "Choo choo the big train is coming down the tracks now..." oh, the good ol' days. We don't sing quite like that in R.S. do we? Their testimonies are so sweet and pure too. I miss my little ones for sure.

Janet said...

Hey,
It's Janet Bake (king) and I just wanted to say that Primary callings are possibly the best. Children are so pure. I was in primary for 5 years and finally suggested I do something different. I do miss primary though and the kids. And to go along with the kids saying cute stuff, we had one girl bare testimony that she knows "God likes me." How cute!